Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A New Kind of Art?

 






Octohedrix 45
© Cabeto






I believe that art must invent new paths in order to exist. In my case this is expressed by the ideas of formal abstraction that emerge in my designs through manipulation of simple geometry. In this realm I find myself more interested in the underlying rules that generate my designs rather than the results of them. I prefer plastic discovery through research than the figurative expression or the uncontrolled randomization. Having chosen this path I long search for all possible outcomes from this process. So far I have found close to 10,000 new forms from the first few parametric models; and will continue on this search until exhausted, either the parametric model or the artist. Is this perhaps a New Kind of Art?

No comments:

Post a Comment