Saturday, December 25, 2010

Parametric Winter

 



Octohedrix 2
© Cabeto









Parametric Winter is the name of my first anthology with the Octohedrix series done during the fall of 2009 and winter of 2010 in Washington DC. The name was inspired by watching the snow through my window when I was exploring the complex geometrical variations in my models during one of the worst snow blizzards in the last century. Zillions of tiny snowflakes where falling from the sky when I created the name Parametric Winter as an analogy of my creative process and to remind me of how nature creates incredible diversity from very simple rules.

More than 30 inches of snow where piled on the ground and my little son could not resist going out to enjoy this feast. While he was playing in the snow, I was watching him through a window in the comfort of my house playing with geometry and parameters in my computer. Is this some kind of coincidence or perhaps it was meant to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment